Sign in to follow this  
RukytiNesveika

Suggestions for developing and attracting players

Hello, 

Not long time ago I discovered this project and the swarm server for cs 1.6 . I must say that it is very exciting and engaging to play. Nonetheless, I came across few ideas that could improve the server. That being said, here are a few small things I would encourage to put: 

1. Extend the amount of minutes one round has. Currently there are only 3 minute rounds and they end really fast. I would make them at least 5minutes . 
2. Add more maps, such as de_kabul_32 ; cs_blacksunday2 ; cs_assault ; etc. These are quite engaging to play. More maps, more options to choose from. 

Lastly, I would ask the owner to have a brainstorm and think of ideas on how to attract players into the server. I know this project is originating in Lithuania, however, cs 1.6 is not as popular here as it used to be. I myself encountered that there are tons of players around Middle East and Europe in general that still play this game. Therefore, I highly encourage to promote not only the server but also the project itself in other countries. I myself would be able to help out if needed. 

3 hours ago, RukytiNesveika said:

Hello, 

Not long time ago I discovered this project and the swarm server for cs 1.6 . I must say that it is very exciting and engaging to play. Nonetheless, I came across few ideas that could improve the server. That being said, here are a few small things I would encourage to put: 

1. Extend the amount of minutes one round has. Currently there are only 3 minute rounds and they end really fast. I would make them at least 5minutes . 
2. Add more maps, such as de_kabul_32 ; cs_blacksunday2 ; cs_assault ; etc. These are quite engaging to play. More maps, more options to choose from. 

Lastly, I would ask the owner to have a brainstorm and think of ideas on how to attract players into the server. I know this project is originating in Lithuania, however, cs 1.6 is not as popular here as it used to be. I myself encountered that there are tons of players around Middle East and Europe in general that still play this game. Therefore, I highly encourage to promote not only the server but also the project itself in other countries. I myself would be able to help out if needed. 

Hey, Thanks for your suggestions, you could write everything in Lithuanian as originaly im one too, but as you wrote your suggestions in english, i will reply in english too 🙂

So, i will increase round time to 5 minutes today, thats ok it wasnt just you who suggested me that.
Im focusing more on DIablo II server right now, i want to finish things up, if youre intrested here is my to-do https://trello.com/b/0p7x7gqX/anotherway
and yeah, about maps, i will check theese, and i may add atleast 1-2map soon Thanks!

And yeah one more thing, after finishing diablo im planning to rewrite whole swarm plugin, i mean i dont have the editable base of swarm, so what i have is some old files that need to get polished, bug fixes, etc. so i can add more stuff including zombie spells, new unique zombies maybe,  etc.
P.S im trying to make everything in english, so people from other countries can also understand what happens in the servers.

Best regards,

- Akka